It is not lip-service when I say, I am truly honored and grateful to have the opportunity to speak about a topic matter that is deeply personal to me, and to be able to do it with leaders in healthcare like Dr. Mark Hyman and Dhru Purohit.
If you have any interest in developing a stronger relationship with your mind so that you can lead a more healthful, productive and fulfilled life, then this conversation is for you.
We cover how to deal with health challenges to showing up as your best self so you can lead yourself and influence others like a MINDSHIFT NINJA!
This Broken Brain Podcast episode is all about our mindset. You may take great care of your body, but do you take care of your mind? Do you sit with feelings when they arise or do you get weighed down by them and become resentful? Do you take time out of your productive day to slow down and sit quietly?
Our Broken Brain Podcast this week is all about our mindset. Dhru and our guest this week, Toronto-based Naturopathic Doctor and founder of “Mindshift Ninja” Dr. Yashar Khosroshahi, talk about going from knowing something to actually doing something…taking that knowledge you have acquired from years of reading and studying and applying it to actionable steps.
This is a special conversation that contemplates mind practices such as meditation, awareness, and reframing beliefs. There are practical tips, too, like how to become that mindshift ninja, mentoring your kids to start out young with a healthy mindset, and what you can do to increase resilience.
In this episode, we dive into:
- What is a Mindshift Ninja? (3:19)
- More than one brain (4:57)
- Dr. K’s personal mindset (7:12)
- Closing the knowing vs doing gap (8:58)
- B.R.A.I.N.—more than an organ (15:55)
- Acknowledging pain for what it is (27:40)
- The ego’s role in mindset (28:43)
- Dr. K’s patient story on reframing beliefs (30:43)
- The balance between “can do” and “slowing down” (36:28)
- Increasing awareness and resilience (41:13)
- The role of meditation in mindset (47:17)
- Biofeedback and heart rate variability (50:35)
- Healthy mindset in kids (56:57)
- Applying these tools in Dr. K’s life (1:00:49)
- Practical hacks (1:05:52)
Find more on MINDSHIFT NINJA
Dr. Yashar Khosroshahi, ND, ACC is the Chair of the Medical Advisory Board (MAB) for Relyf and co-founder of MINDSHIFT NINJA, a Leadership Development company.